Sunday 14 July 2013

West Oxford Community Centre Cafe

I've been going here since it re-opened.  We often go on a Friday lunchtime after Hilary's Music in the main hall (which I love!).
It's a small cafe and, on a Friday, is usually packed with children and babies which is loads of fun.  Mummy says it might not be quite such fun for everyone, but that it's a bit quieter on other days of the week and other times.

There are usually 4 or 5 things on the menu to choose from and always lots of vegetarian food and a special meal for children.  Sometimes I have that, but sometimes I have my own soup or share Mummy's.  My favourites recently have been the pasta (with yummy homemade sauce), a salad with halloumi, egg and olives and soup.  The cakes are also lovely.  There are often vegan cakes and things are marked for people who want gluten free food.

There are plastic cups and straws, water out on every table and little vases with flowers which are good fun to play with.  I like to look at them through a magnifying glass to see if there are any tiny snails on them. I haven't found one yet though.

There are plenty toilets and baby changing - and the best thing is that when you've finished eating, there is a massive green park to run around and a play park with swings and a slide!

This is one of my favourite places for lunch.


Baby / child friendly ratings
Changing: 4/5 - Baby changing provided, but if you use disposable nappies you need to go and hunt for a bin outside.
Seating: 5/5 plenty high chairs or normal plastic chairs - outside seating when it's warm enough
Food: 5/5 - varied, tasty and a good price
Atmosphere: 5/5 - especially on a Friday when all my friends are there
Overall baby/ child friendliness: 4/5 - Marked down slightly for the new community centre policy of no buggies - there is very little sheltered space to leave them outside and it isn't helpful if you have a sleeping baby



No comments:

Post a Comment